Tuesday 13 November 2007

The news from daawn saarf

Thought it was about time I contributed something to this blog as my name is on it too and I have been very remiss in keeping up to date. I’m enjoying life in at my new station and have now got a (semi) permanent crewmate who is lovely and shall be referred to as M from now on. We’ve been put together for the next six months which I’m pleased about as he’s lovely and good at the job but I see one HUGE problem emerging…. In the following months… we are going to get FAT. My name is Tizz and I’m a chocoholic.

Normally I can curb these cravings and get on with my day quite nicely but the problem is M is a chocoholic too. It’s like one of those unhealthy relationships you read about in magazines in doctors waiting rooms, we are a terrible influence on one another. In the two weeks we’ve been working together we’ve devoured 2 packs of jaffa cakes (orange flavour, though we are planning on trying the orange and cranberry next) 1 pack of hob nob creams (tasty), a packet of aero mint bubbles, a whispa bar each (retro goodness is back!) and various individual chocolate bars. I see this as the start of a downward spiral and need to change habits now, but it’s just so difficult. We have been leaving our half finished packets for the next crew but I think that’s only going to serve to make all the crews on out station fat – definitely not conducive to effective emergency services!

In other news I’m very surprised Dizz and Fizz have not commented on the recent DT programme. I won’t say anything yet in case it hasn’t been watched yet but I will say that though he wasn’t looking his usual stunning self there was still something strangely attractive hmmmm bit worried about that too.

Coming up in the next week I have my graduation which I was excited about but now have been assured is very boring and bleedin' freezin', but it will be nice to have a catch up with everyone and maybe get a little merry after!

This weekend I'm off to see L (with baby bump S) and P and little N, who I haven't seen in ages. I have things for the little ones from San Fran which I hope they will like (well obviously S will not be able to express an opinion but hopefully L will like it). These initials are becoming confusing?!? but obviously not fair to name names without permission.

After speaking to my mam last night I'm so very excited by the sound of the xmas play! I'm hoping that I'm off but in the excitement I've forgotten the dates - anyone?

Sorry if this post's a little disjointed but thoughts just keep popping in and out and I'm currently not capeable of organising them :S. Anyhow I'll leave it at that for the mo. Hope you're feeling better Dizz and that your back torture is still working Fizz. Speak soon! T xx

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh Tizz, next time I see you I have to give you a big hug of thanks! I was officially out of material and thinking that I was going to have to blog about how much I just hurt my finger on a sofa toggle, but you've saved us!

Chocoholics yay!

DT, no way sexy in that programme. Too sad. Just keep dreaming of Casanova, Dizz...

Miss you loads! Come home soon xx

fizz said...

Pants. I just typed loads and stoopid computer lost it. Pah!

In a nutshell - DT still had sparkle in my opinion, despite bad hair and glasses. Glad u r going to be ftnkr like me - have demolished half a jar of Green & Blacks chocolate spread in about 4 days.

Christmas show 3rd-8th December. PLEEEEEEEASSE come if you can, and if you can be there on Saturday night, we might be doing something special so bring posh frock, long gloves, cigarette holder (empty of course) and tiara (optional).

Hope to see you soon!
Fizz x