Wednesday 14 November 2007

But what would Julia Roberts do?

You might not remember but I posted a couple of weeks ago about my black boots that I love so much and how I coloured them in, just like Julia Roberts, cos the front was looking all scruffy. Well, imagine my horror today when I discovered that there's a hole in the sole! From one side of the boot to the other, like someone's taken a knife to it (they wouldn't...would they?). So I want to know, what would Julia Roberts do? I thought maybe I could cover it with black gaffa tape, but that would probably just peel off. Bugger. I know the real answer is to go and buy new ones but I LOVE these boots. I bought them after watching NY:LON and I really wanted to be just like Edie, the main character. It might just break my shoe-heart to throw them away. Boo hoo. Goodbye boots? Is no good people...

...but oh wow. Have just had phone call and my sofa is arriving tonight! Like in an hour! Wow! It was supposed to be tomorrow but now it's tonight!! Am all thrown and oh so excited by this news! So I have to keep putting exclamation marks. WHOOP! I'm currently sat on my floor in my empty living room and was thinking this was going to be how it would be all night but oh no, the lovely Welsh sofa people are on their way. How VERY exciting!!! And oh double excitement, cos I took tomorrow off and was thinking I would have to be up bright and early but now I can sleep in! Yay! Ooooooooh ooooooh, how good is it to get new things?

Oh, got wolf whistled at by two 13 year old boys today. Compliment? Nightmare? You decide.

I have to go and jump around in sofa glee now xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know they were 13?

Librarian Girl said...

Can you take them to a shoe repair place and see if they can patch them up? That's what I would try. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

fizz said...

Can't you go to Timpson's and get the boots re-soled?

Arm chairs are comfy-licious by the way.