Wednesday 7 November 2007

Grumpy doctor

I couldn't visit my normal, lovely doctor cos he didn't have an appointment available until Monday and that was waaaaay to long to wait for the new bad dizzies to subside. So I took a replacement doctor. And she was mean! It was 9am so it's possible that she's not a morning person, that's okay, I sympathise, I'm not either, but she's a doctor! She's supposed to listen to your ailments with a suitable look on her face and then say nice things to make you feel better.

Instead she grumpily asked me questions. Shoved the thingy in my ear to look in my ears, roughly pulled my top up to sound my chest (that is such an odd saying), then asked me if I was allergic to any medication. I started to tell her how I'd had a really bad time with penicillin and she turned on me and said "how bad?" so I stuttered out a response and then she said "I wasn't going to give you that anyway". I tells ya, she was me-ee-ee-an!

Turns out that I have an ear infection. Hence the new bad dizzies. I'm almost glad about this cos for a little moment I had horrible thoughts that the normal dizzies were suddenly going to get worse, and it's always my hope that they're going to go away, that's the ideal, top of my wish list everytime I blow out birthday candles; how tragic is that? Most people wish for like a new car, or a better boyfriend, me, I just want my old ears back.

Thank you lovely readers for all the kind texts and well wishes. You're all so nice. It's enough to make a girl go slushy-mushy inside xx

3 comments:

fizz said...

I think one of the things they teach doctors is how to show absolutely no sympathy. Or maybe when they qualify they all have to have a sympathy-ectomy operation to remove all vestiges of the sympathy gland.

Hope the new pills sort those evil dizzies out soonio.

A. x

Anonymous said...

I'm so lucky to have a nice kind doc too, I get all defensive if I have to see a different one. Be well chick-a-dee!

Cx

Librarian Girl said...

Mean doctors are the WORST.

Glad your uber-dizzies are only temporary!