Tuesday 17 March 2015

Why now?!

Warning: this post contains a lot of complaining. If you are challenged in the compassion department do not read any further.

I haven't had a cold all winter. I've been getting lots of vitamin C and avoiding infected people and keeping my hands clean and generally doing all the right things, and I've been smugly healthy until now. So why oh why oh why do I have to go and get a nasty, poxy chest cold just days before I'm due to go on a jolly jaunt? My chest hurts, my throat is raw, I can't sleep for coughing, I'm alternating between shivering and sweating, everything aches, wah, wah, wah!

I suppose on the grand scale of things my having a cold is not the worst thing that's happening in the world right now. I shouldn't complain. But stuff it, I'm being selfish, and I am complaining. No fair. NO FAIR.

Silver lining: no one is going to want to share a room with Phlegm Woman, so I might get my own room...

No comments: