Thursday 1 February 2007

Perfume

Dizz and I seem to be on a cinema-going bender at the moment. We went to see Perfume last night, at Arc once again. I've been looking forward to this one for a while because I loved the book. I even re-read it recently just because I knew the film was coming out.

We both really enjoyed it. I had half-expected the scents to be visualised in some crappy way, like in the Bisto adverts, but they weren't. The director still managed to show smells though, very clever.

If you've read the book you'll know there's a big orgy at the end. I thought the film-makers would cop out, maybe use soft-focus or some sort of arty impression of an orgy, or maybe just miss it out completely. Nope. You got the full-on nekkid people writhing about (don't think there was any actual bonking) with flabby bits and disturbingly hairy bum-cleavage. More power to them. The film-makers, not the owners of the hairy bums.

So, big thumbs up for Perfume. We just have to choose what we're going to see next week. Can't go to Arc because they're showing The Nativity Story next week and since it's now February, that's just wrong. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Claire said...

I think we should either see Smokin' Aces, cos it looks cooooool, or The Pursuit of Happyness, just so we can go, yep it should have been spelt like that. But any other suggestions welcome too of course.