Wednesday 21 February 2007

Pancake Day!

It was pancake day yesterday and after a hard full day at uni L and I decided to try the new pancake house that was having its grand opening! Suffice to say the first day is never the best to visit a new place as the staff weren't sure what they were doing and my first pancake came out cold - yuk! But they replaced it with one hot wnough to take the skin off the roof of my mouth so all was well in the end.

Coming to my point then, they had a massive selection of exotic toppings available sweet and savoury but in the end I went for butter and maple syrup - my favourite secind only to cherry jam! L went for a waffle instead but agreed that she would have had to go for traditional lemon and sugar if she'd had one. So I ask everyone today what's your favourite pancake topping and could you be tempted to try a new flavour?

tizz x

4 comments:

Claire said...

my favourite topic: food! I went to my ma and pa's as my dad makes the best pancakes ever. I had my usual of brown sugar with mucho dripping golden syrup, rolled up into tubes. Yumness indeedy! Gawd bless food x

Anonymous said...

Has to be golden syrup, nowt else!
Rx

tizz said...

Classic flavours do seem to be winning!

fizz said...

Nutella. Mmmmm...