- It was confirmed once again that drinking copius amounts of wine and letting 3 rather merry people loose with a bunch of coloured icing will result in a fabulous Christmas cake that may yet make it to 'legend' status
- Delia really is your only guide at Christmas. All those others - total waste of space...
- Washing turkey giblets in your bare hands is a sure fire way to make you feel rather nauseous (or was it the copius amounts of wine?)
- Instructions should be read VERY carefully. Turns out the 2 tablespoons were for the flour and not all those valuable turkey juices - gravy fail
- Snowmen noses will not stick to the top of cupcakes by just pressing them in. Icing glue is required. You're welcome
- Attending two parties in one day is totally do-able, even when one of them requires a cross-country drive of 2.5 hours each way
- Red wine actually goes really well with turkey - pah to wine experts who say it must be white or nothing!
- All those people chuntering about what we pay our television licence fee for are totally right - festive telly fail
- Thank god for Netflix (refer to lesson 8)
- The She and Him Christmas album is the best. I'm accepting no arguments. Frooooooosty window paaaaane...
- If you wait to go food shopping til 3 days before Christmas, the supermarket will have reduced all their gift tags and baubles to 30p. WHAT? That is like 3p per tag - crazy days people, crazy days
- Free range bronze turkeys might cost an effin fortune, but all those tasty 'erbs that they munched on throughout the year certainly made for a delicious feast!
Sunday, 28 December 2014
Just like the 12 days of Christmas, the 'tiny flat does Christmas' has revealed 12 Christmas lessons:
Posted by Claire at 17:20