Tuesday 25 October 2011

The one left behind

Wavey is away this week for work in some far off shore. 4 whole days. It's not the first time we've been apart for 4 days, but it is the first time that he's the one doing the away and I'm the one left behind. And I have to say it's...odd. He often tells me when I'm away and I come back how quiet the house is and how dull it is when I'm not here to provide the entertainment *chuckle* And it makes me laugh in a lot of ways that I feel the way I do now, cos I lived on my own for 7 years. 7 years of going home to an empty house, cooking for one, spending evenings alone...but now, after 3 years of being with Wavey and nearly 2 living here with him, being alone is a very strange place to be.

He's right, the house is quiet. And definitely feels a bit like there's something important missing. For a guy who to the outside world is quiet and observant and sometimes a bit shy around new folk, trust me when I say the man can chit the chat. We spend a whole heap of time talking and gossiping and laughing and being daft and stupid and having lots and lots of fun. And this quiet house is most definitely not the way it usually is. 

Today is day 2, so I know it's halfway through. By tomorrow it'll be even better cos then there'll only be one day. And I'm off out for my tea tomorrow with the lovely T and then I'm meeting Fizz at the cinema to see the new SJP film that I've read really awful reviews about but I can't help it, I heart SJP the mostest and just have to see it. Plus it has Christina Hendricks in it and I heart her too. Win win...or just plain awful, we'll see and report back if you're really lucky. Happy times with my buds. 

But I tell you what, I can't wait til Thursday evening when Wavey walks back through the door...the smile on my face then will be fit to bursting!

No comments: