Wednesday 5 January 2011

Tales of the 36 continued

Aleesha Aleesha don't talk to me like that...

...cos I'm on the bus and people might hear you...

...Aleesha Aleesha no yes I've had a few beers...

...I don't want to talk about this on the bus Aleesha no Aleesha...

...Debbie...I mean Aleesha...

Totally cracked me up! This was from the guy who came and sat next to me, or should I say fell into the seat in a drunken stupor. A few beers does not even begin to describe his state. However, methinks that when he gets home DebbieIMeanAleesha might have a few more things to say that he won't want anyone to hear.

On a totally different note, I do love to read on my journey home on the number 36 bus. The current read is 31 Songs by Nick Hornby. In this book he has basically chosen 31 songs that he wants to write about, not in a critical way but talking about why he loves these songs so much, what they say to him. So far it's been funny and heartfelt, often moving, but this one bit really touched me and so I'm going to share it with you, because well, it pretty much sums up how I feel about music too:

...why I love the relationship that anyone has with music: because there's something in us that is beyond the reach of words, something that eludes and defies our best attempts to spit it out. It's the best part of us, probably, the richest and strangest part...

And there this evening's tales from the 36 end. Stay tuned for more...

No comments: