Saturday 15 May 2010

For sale, one immune system, could be bottled and sold on

I have the lergy. Like seriously. The most evil cold I've had in a long long time. It started off with a bit of a sore throat. By Monday I'd pretty much lost my voice and had a horrible cough starting. By Tuesday the voice was even worse and the cough wasn't much better. On Wednesday I was reduced to a squeak or two and maybe shouldn't have gone to work but I had dinner plans with D and was unwilling to miss it frankly. By Thursday I admitted defeat. It's Saturday now and I'm still coughing and sneezing and so snotty it defies belief, it's hideous! When is it going to go away!!

There's obviously been concern that Wavey might pick it up, it's truly awful and I don't want to pass it on, but when you're living under the same roof it's nigh on impossible not to share such delights. Well, except for one vital thing, Wavey's immune system is like super human or something. Seriously, it's bonkers. If he's ever ill it usually lasts for about 2 hours, 3 hours if it's really serious and then it's gone.

Today we went to the coffee shop for a quick afternoon snack after our busy day, and he started to sniffle...and complained of a scratchy throat...oh oh thinks I, it's here. Well it was. And it lasted the 20 minutes it took us to eat our sarnie and drink our coffee!! It's not fair! I've had this blummin' thing for a week and he gets it for like a matter of minutes! Bah! By the time we got home, all gone. It's miraculous!

I don't know how we would do it, the procedure for the extraction could prove tricky, but I reckon if we could find a way we'd be millionaires! Imagine if you could buy something that would mean you were only ever ill for 20 minutes. It's a seller for sure.

1 comment:

tizz said...

Poor Dizz,

Had a mutating cold that just wouldn't quit last month and it's rubbish. Hope you're feeling better soon and I'll have one bottle of superimmune tp go please.

T x