Monday 29 December 2008

Twilight

I decided that after the craaaaazeeee amounts of money I spent on gigs last year, I would change my free time from gigs to movies! So much cheaper. And there's popcorn. And icecream. And other very bad sugary snacks that will surely make my teeth fall out...maybe I should go back to gigs? Chuckle.

So the first fillum in the all new Dizz goes to the Movies movie was Twilight. I'd heard lots of things about it, mainly that it had a massive opening weekend in the States. And that it had that guy out of the Harry Potter films. And that it was about vampires. All so far so good. Unfortunately the same can't be said of the movie itself. I was a bit bored to tell the truth. Don't get me wrong. I can totally see that if you are 14 and you're a bit of an emo kid then you'll probably absolutely love it. There's sexual tension and chemistry between the two leads, there's lots of action and flying up to the tops of trees for wondrous mountain views, there's cool clothes and big trucks. But you know what? It just wasn't The Lost Boys. And that's the film I saw when I was 14. But D tells me that the books are flying off the shelves in the bookshop where she works so it's obviously working for the 14 year olds of this generation. Nyeh. Good for them. Glad they enjoy it. But me, not so much. Hey-ho.

Any recommendations of what I go and see next then? I'm thinking Yes Man looks pretty funny. Anything but Australia. My only rule for the Dizz goes to the Movies year is that Nicole Kidman cannot be in it. Amen to that xx

No comments: