Sunday 2 February 2014

(Re)discovery of the week

Assignment deadline hell played havoc with normal life. Generally we eat delicious, home-made meals, cooked from scratch, that contain lots of veggies and wholesome goodness. For the past four weeks we've been surviving on what I call convenience food, in other words, someone else created it and all I've done is turn the oven on. This is not how we do things around here.

Assignment deadline hell officially ended at 5pm on Friday.

Today I (re)discovered my kitchen. I've missed it terribly. Look how lovely it is:


I started by mixing some batter to make Yorkshire Puddings for tea. Then I baked some carrot cake cupcakes. Next up was preparing dinner for tomorrow - a delicious bolognese sauce which we will enjoy poured over roasted butternut squash. Soup for lunch followed - curried cauliflower and butternut squash. I stopped briefly to actually enjoy the soup for lunch before cracking on with dinner for tonight which was mince and heaps of veggies cooked up in a yummy port and worcester sauce gravy, poured over the Yorkshire Puddings and a generous helping of mash on the side. 

It truly was a fabulous day in my much missed kitchen. Stand back, Dizz (uh oh, real name reveal shocker...) was indeed cooking!

 

No comments: