Wednesday 13 February 2013

Schedules and geekery

Some people are born to lead and some people prefer to follow. In an ideal world I would like to be more one than the other but for the moment I'm happy to settle for being a follower. I follow my new timetable - I have to really as it seems to change on a daily basis! I don't follow everything like a sheep but I definitely respond well to tasks and schedules. Take today for example. I got up with the intention of following the schedule I'd set for myself which would follow this pattern: stain a shelf with woodstain, wait an hour, stain it again, wait an hour, and so on until each side of each shelf has been covered with 3 coats of woodstain. It's an endless task! 

In the meantime, those hours in between I've been quite the student and have been doing some background reading. This is a definite first for me. In the past I've been very much the do all the reading two days before the assignment is due in type person but this time I'm determined to be different. From the reading I discovered several things:
  • First of all, despite my resistance, it turns out I am a geek
  • Second, that the 2 books I have read on e-commerce clearly demonstrate why Amazon are so hugely successful - they literally tick every box from these how to guides
  • Thirdly, I am a diagram girl. Seriously, if there's chance for me to draw a little diagram to illustrate my point I will so do it
  • Lastly, when it's snowing outside there can never be enough cups of tea 

No comments: