Thursday 5 June 2008

Return from the North

I'm going to try and keep trueto my promise and start to blog a little more regularly also (sorry for abandoning it for so long).

Well I have to start by saying I had a luverly time during my visit and despite not making it to Middlesbrough Music Live due to the absolute downpour I had a grand time eating and drinking and making merry with dizz fizz and wavey. I'm missing you all already!

I spent the yesterday at Thorpe Park with some people from work, it was such a lovely day (weather and people wise) though I wasn't expecting it to be so nice (weather wise) and am therefore suffering today from pink edges which I am thoroughly annoyed at myself for after lecturing so many people in the importance of sun cream. I am also aching all over from the manic hanging on of one who is hung upside down in various metal cages. I had a really good day but isn't it strange how you become more of a wuss when it comes to fairground rides as you get older? Weird what we do for entertainment! I also have to note that people wear the most inappropriate clothing at theme parks - the numer of 'boob tubes' I saw - how do they work on a 10 looping rollarcoaster???

I now have to go and get ready for work :( . However I've spent the morning with a very exciting task! I've just book a holiday to Turkey for this coming Monday! I'm heading there with my housemate L and we've finally got it booked after an uncertain few weeks waiting for her passport to arrive. I spent the morning on the phone to an (over) cheerful guy (nice that he enjoys his job though) arranging details and we're finally all set (maybe it was actually my problem as I'd just woken up). We're headed to Turunc and travelling at some unearthly hours of the day but worth it for the bargain price and the 4* all inclusiveness!

Hope everyone's enjoying the beeeutiful weather and remember - sun cream!

No comments: