Thursday 31 January 2008

Older? Yes. Wiser? No way!

Had to wait a suitable period of time before I could top the mischief post. Wow, my peeps really rock. I was, and still am, totally overwhelmed by the shoes. I don't think anyone else has ever bought me something that I've lusted after so much. I normally just accept that whatever it is will only ever live in the shop and not in my house. But now my booootiful shoes have pride of place on the shoe rack. I find myself walking past them stroking them thoughtfully and sighing contentedly...

So. Birthday party rolled around on Saturday. As per usual, the Dizz house was well prepared for it. I don't mean decorations. I mean that I'd filled the house with booze and enough food to feed a small army. And of course spent mucho time uploading many many cds for my itunes mix. Got a bit carried away transferring them all over from my library when I realised I had 12 hours of music. Turns out though, wasn't that far off...

Cooked up a storm in the afternoon. Went upstairs to think about getting ready about 6.30pm, peeps expected at 7.30 onwards. By the time I'd tried on half of the wardrobe and discarded it cos it didn't match the shoes, it was about 7.15 and I had minutes to sort out my bonkers hair and add the smokey eye make-up *grrrooowwwwlllll* Came hurtling down the stairs, well as speedily as you can hurtle in 4 inch heels, as the doorbell rang.

Party started. Wine, beer, vodka, amaretto, flowed. Laughter was to be heard everywhere, with the occasional squeal of delight. Eeeh it was brilliant. I stopped counting after about 3 glasses of wine, but pretty safe to say that I was very drunkity-drunk-drunk at the end of it. I know this for many reasons:
1. I don't actually remember saying goodbye to half of the guests when they left
2. I made one guest take her wine glass with her in the taxi cos she wasn't quite done
3. I hugged Fizz's new fella. Even though I'd only met him for the first time that night. And probably only spoke to him for about 30 minutes total. Good first impression methinks
4. I wore my shoes until about half 2. And I didn't fall over once. Stumbled once I think but it was a carrying food and wearing shoes incident
5. I sat on Wavey's knee for some considerable time. Poor Wavey, he was probably crushed to death
6. I threw things into my yard, such as empty wine boxes, and beer bottle tops. Always gracefully might I add though
7. I ate about 7 of T's mini tartlets, but oh they're my favourite!
8. I didn't go to bed til 5am
9. I did brush my teeth but didn't wash my face, shocking!
10. And finally, I had a very bad hangover the next day

Who says you can't party hard at 33? Hehe.

In other news: it is absolutely FREEZING outside. And not only that but it's sleet raining. And windy. So I lost yet another um-ber-ella this morning. This one was quite spectacular. Blew out of my hands, snapped in half and had issues about what sort of shape it was supposed to be. Pah! I am going for hoods or hats now. No more stupid um-ber-ellas, they be pants!

Ta-ta xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fab party, but unfortunetly being a sensible mother now (a-hem) i couldn't quite make it to five....unlike last time!! Although as you were going to bed - ironically i was getting up................

Anonymous said...

Cor blimey - 5am?!

I can barely make it past 10pm these days - and I'm not even 30 yet!

Must take a few tips from you:)

Sounds like you had a time! Happy belated Birthday!

Soph

Librarian Girl said...

Sounds like a grand time to me!

Anonymous said...

Wow 7 tartlets ! They were indeed truly-scrumptious but nothing can match T's xmas mince-pies ? Oh yes !!

The after-party fragility seems to last longer these days - I blame it on the cold weather.