Saturday 5 January 2008

The hermit

Let's face it, January is a bit of a dismal month: it lasts 5 weeks (cos we get paid so early), it doesn't actually get properly light other than for about 5 minutes at lunchtime, and the weather is pants - in the few days since it started we've had snow, lashing down rain and big windy winds. However there are some highlights: it's my birthday near the end, it's Wavey's birthday in the middle (this means we can eat cake guilt free, birthday cake is like the law), we can eat lots of soup and mashed potato and gravy and it's okay cos it's cold outside and we need to stay warm, and you don't have to pretend that you want to go out and play. In other words it's perfectly acceptable to become hermit-like. Yay!

Not being such hermit-like ordinarily I decided that I need to fill January with exciting stuff to do indoors. And so I'm watching lots of films. So far it's been a mixed bag but I have high hopes that some gems may be discovered. Such gems will not include Music and Lyrics. Have any of you seen this awful film? I was passed it on via T from work who reassured me that it was good, that her and her hubby had actually enjoyed it. Well, me and Wavey watched it and safe to say, we did not enjoy. In fact, the cheese factor was sooooo incredibly high that I was actually cringing and squirming with embarrassment. Oh lordy me, it was bad! Trust me blog readers when I tell you I'm saving you 2 hours of your precious life by telling you never to watch this film.

Tonight it's 2 trusty faves, yep, 2 in one night, so decadent! First up is The Devil Wears Prada. Now obviously I love this film cos the fashions are to die for. And also Meryl Streep rocks. And there's a cutie boy in it. All round winner. Second up is Notting Hill. I know, I know, Hugh Grant again (see above) but this is a great film. Mainly for the character Spike. And also Julia Roberts is always lovely (I'm aware that many of you will disagree with that statement but I like her and this is my blog post, so ner ner ner)

Today has been one of those energy days! We went to theatre this morning, there was only 5 of us there but we rocked the place! We really did, I walked in and thought oh gawd we're never going to get anything done. But we pulled down the old set, tidied up all the stuff away, swept, had time for some fish 'n' chips, and practically built the new set. Go the Saturday team! We so good, N lurves us, oh yes he does. Then came home, had swift cuppa, went into town, bought totally bargainous long jumper in New Look for 1 of our English pounds, yep, just 1! Ooooh suits you! Came home, took down some Christmas decorations. Moved the dvds over to another shelf. Moved the books to where the dvds had been. And now I'm going to go make dinner. Wow. Must have been that wholewheat toast I had for breakfast.

Oh speaking of food. Was trying some sales clothes on, and have decided that I am bordering on serious fat knacker. That Christmas indulgence has led to some flabby bits, blog readers. So next time you see me eating anything other than fruit or veg, I give you permission to yell at me. And to end, I know we say it every single year, but I really must start and do some exercise again. Run Forrest run...

2 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Oh my god, I so agree with you-- Music and Lyrics sucked the big one. NOT GOOD.

I'm glad to hear someone else realizes this.

Anonymous said...

No guns, Orcs, spaceships or Romans then... :o(