Thursday 18 October 2007

sucky

I thought it was too good to be true that I hadn't picked up some horrible cold or bug from the plane journey. Turns out you don't need to go that far for that joy, you can just jump on a local bus instead. As you might have guessed it, I've been struck down. The official line (as I've now seen the doc it's been made official) is a virus. Surprise surprise. They always say that when they're not quite sure what it is and can't really give you anything to make it better. The recommendations were: fluids, paracetamol, and plenty of rest. Yes sir-ree.

Since we're all about the sharing on this here blog I thought I'd tell you how sucky my virus is. It started on Monday with violent dizzies at work. Being Dizz, I'm used to the dizzies, I mainly just get on with them, but these dizzies were properly evil. Each time I looked down I thought I was going to fall off my chair. And then when I looked up, yep, more falling. Came home on Monday night and started with the most horrible ear-ache in my left ear. Woke up on Tuesday, got on bus to go to work, thought my head was going to explode, or fall off cos my body clearly couldn't support its new weight, got off bus, went home and laid down. And it's pretty much been that way since then. Headache, ear-ache, eye ache, face ache, dizzy, head far too heavy for my body are the general symptoms. And it's making me miserable. My ma will clarify this, as bless her, she's been round every day to make sure I'm still alive, offering to take me back to the parental manor and look after me...I'm like no way! I'm staying in my own bed thanks. I think Wavey got a bit of a shock when he came round to keep me company last night and I hardly uttered 5 words, laid out on the sofa in my duvet looking totally pathetic, is too tragic. Today, it's still bad but the best way to describe it is how a really bad hangover feels but with evil dizzies. Virus my arse. It sucks!

And to further my plight, my pile of ironing is now the same size as a small friend:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So if any of you kind readers would like to help me, just pop on round, I'll set the ironing board up, no bother.

Oh special message to Cat who is sick too: Get Well Soon chick!
Hopefully next time I'll be all well. And have lots of freshly ironed clothes.
Ta-ta x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's three of us... I've just come home from work because I'm feeling like death warmed up. Bah.