Wednesday 14 March 2007

horse racing?

Am v. fed up. Have been struck down by some mystery bug that has made its way round my work and probably the bus that I get on each day too. Without going into too much detail symptoms are not pleasant and I am proper fed up. And bored stiff! I love being off work but when you're ill with it, well that's just pants. Especially when the only thing that the tv has to offer is magazine style programmes where some fashionista hadn't even heard of Dorothy Perkins, say again. And horse racing. Oh and for some real excitement, a Columbo movie where he goes to college. Hmmm. The choices, the choices. So I thought I'd blog. Send me amusing jokes to cheer me up. Pretty please...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Columbo goes to College! Those 90's Columbo's are great - u so lucky ;) Quick, Diagnosis Murder starts in a minute... its like TV heaven.

tizz said...

Aaagh if only I'd realised! I've been home all day attempting to write an essay and sending excerpts to my poor unsuspecting friends on MSN and there was a useful source of assistance ready and able to help! Of course I think watching crappy TV is much preferable to reading essays so think you were lucky!

Hope you're feeling much better soon! Sorry I haven't got any jokes - I'm lost in a world of theories.....

Unknown said...

Mystery illnesses? Oh dear; hope you're on the road to recovery.

I'd blame the students, myself. Dirty, filthy, infectious students (no offence, Tizz).

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon Claire-a-belle, hang in there, soon be the weekend, when there's even less day-time TV to amuse you!!!

fizz said...

What's red and sits in a corner?
A naughty bus!

...you wish you hadn't asked now, don't you?

fizz said...

What do you call a deer with no eyes?
No idea.

What to you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?
Still no idea.

What's white and wears tartan trousers?
Rubert the fridge.

A man walks into a fishmonger's carrying a salmon under his arm, and asks 'Do you make fishcakes?' The fishmonger replies 'Yes, of course,' and the man says 'Oh, good. You see, it's his birthday.'

What do you call a man with a spade on his head?
Doug.

What do you call a man without a spade on his head?
Douglas.

What do you call a mad with a plank on his head?
Edward.

What do you call a Scottish cloakroom attendant?
Angus McCoatup.

What do you call 100 nuns in a shop?
A virgin megastore.