Saturday 17 March 2007

going to the chapel...

...and you're going to get married. I have to shout a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to K and M who tied the knot at lunchtime today. Ordinarily I wouldn't use the blog for such an occasion but as I'm still totally wiped out from this flu bug I am not able to attend the celebrations tonight. And very upset I am about this too. So I'm going to tell you why I'm so upset to not be there.

I work with K and have done for the past 6 years. We had what can only be described as a sticky beginning, a wee bump in the road that they call life. However, we got over this and I believe that we have cemented a firm friendship. Throughout the many conversations we've had we discovered that we share a lot of the same thoughts and opinions and her K-ism's are frankly hilarious (salami anyone?); summing up, K gets filed under my "fab" folder. I'm sure she'd agree that bumps in the road had been a regular thing but when she met M, it seems to have been plain sailing all the way. He's from a lovely family who have embraced K lovingly, as have his firmly established and loyal friends, he's totally grounded, in other words, he's lovely husband material. I was thrilled when they got engaged in Rome last year and equally delighted to be invited to share in their celebrations. There has been one other thing that has set K apart from most brides-to-be: I think I can count on one hand the number of wedding-related conversations I've had with her over the past year. She's gone about it quietly, being super organised without relating every single detail. I can honestly say that the conversations I've had have been delightful, and the excitement over what she's had to show me or tell me has been totally genuine.

So K and M, here's to you both. I hope you've had a wonderful day, and from the bottom of my sentimental old heart, I wish you much more of the long, silly, merry and laughter-filled life that you obviously share. You're a fab couple and I don't think I'll ever be more disappointed than I am that I'm not there to share your special day xx

1 comment:

fizz said...

Aw, bless. Were you crying when you wrote that, Dizz? It's ok, you have an excuse, we know you're feeble because of the bug.

Good luck K (and M, tho I've never met u).