Wednesday 18 March 2009

My eyes! My ears!

A few of you may have noticed that the past few days has brought something we haven't seen in a long time, the sun! And with the lovely glowing sun has been some milder weather. How I've written that is very important for this post. Note that I didn't say it was hot, or even what I would describe as warm, but mild Spring weather. This hasn't stopped the fair people in my town from deciding that now is the time to break out the flip flops, the shorts, the pasty white skin that has been hidden for months and months, the hideous sights that I have seen have truly hurt my eyes. What is wrong with these people? When there's still the potential for your toes to turn blue, it's clearly not the right time to strip your feet of the socks and boots and expose your toes for all the world to see. No no no. PUT THEM AWAY! Until it is May. That is the rule. I admit there may be exceptional circumstances when Easter can be unseasonably warm and some fabric flat pumps can be worn without socks, but no no no to flipflops people. Put your feet and pasty legs away!

Overheard in the bus station today, one of the delightful residents of this very same town (yep she was probably wearing flipflops too) instructed her child today to: "get on the fucking bus Warren babe..." Seriously? Is this really the way to address the future generation?

I know you may think that I've come across all grumpy but this is so not the case. Sometimes the sights and sounds of my delightful town slightly overwhelm me and I have to share it with you, my dear readers.

I didn't actually blog in great detail about the kindly gentleman who offered to give Tizz and I crabs, but I think the title of this post would cover that. As does the skanky dancer who was, shall we put it politely, dry humping the poor OAP in Georgia Browns.

I know, I know, I hear you ask, how is it possible that one so refined as yourself Dizz, comes from such a hideous place? Well, to be fair, as J-bean tells us, not all of the residents are so delightful...and most of the time I am wonderfully entertained by such things and not horribly offended as you would think. And besides, they certainly provide me with material for blog posts.

Over and out x


No comments: