Tuesday 26 February 2008

Medal of (dis)honour

Oh my lovelies, tis a sad day indeed. It's finally reached that time. It's time to say goodbye. No, I'm not leaving this mortal soil just yet...but my beloved 'belt' is. I know there are some out there thinking, why is she saying goodbye to a belt? We all use them to keep our trousers up, what's the confusion. But this is not just any old belt that we're talking about. Mainly because this belt is actually a skirt. Well, I thought it was until Fizz declared it so short that it had to be defined as said belt.

The belt and I have had many a good time. And it's also been the cause of some trouble. Mucho mischief has taken place whilst wearing the belt (just ask Wavey about the board game night). The belt has had a good life, it truly has, hence why it must be honoured. It's been rocked with funky tights and boots; funky tights and heels; leggings and flattie pumps; you name it and it's probably been worn with the belt.

What is making you throw it out, I hear you cry. Weeeeelllll. Let's just say that the last few times that it's been washed, it's lost another vital centimetre, and a few more threads. It no longer sits nicely on my hips, but slides right down to pant-level, and as Fizz kindly informed me today, it's indecent as it doesn't actually cover my arse. So, the belt has to go. Dizz cannot be seen to be exposing her booty to just any old passer-by. I've kindly included a last image of the belt, so that you can see how muchly loved it really has been:
Photobucket

Ohhhhh big sigh. I'll miss it muchly. But, safe to say I've had my money out of it. Well out of it! Bub-bye belt, you did me proud.

PS. Thanks muchly for all the kind get well wishes from everyone. Fingers crossed that the ears getting swooshed out tomorrow will make me upright again. Enough of falling into my furniture! xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP la Belt. And good luck tomorrow.

Cx

Anonymous said...

This cannot be.

even from here I can hear the sound of bus drivers, window cleaners, IT guys, building maintenance guys, lighting guys ... all crying into their beer !