Sunday 20 May 2007

flights and hotels

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, me and Tizz are off to San Fran for our jollies this year. The anticipation of this trip has been very high, lots of squeaking "oh my god" and mucho excitement everytime we talk. So excitement reached a new high this weekend when we booked our flights. Yep, we really are going now! Then we got even more excited cos we found these funkay looking hotels on the internet, even got so far as made a reservation, then I made the fatal mistake of looking on Trip Advisor after I'd made the booking. And the hotel was baaaaaad. It scored really low, there were comments about it being in a really bad area, and bed springs peeking up and hitting you on the arse and various other bad comments, I say eeek! So now I'm waiting on a reply to an email to cancel the reservation. Poo pants. How can things look so swanky on the internet and be rat holes? How does that work eh? So we're still seeking out a hotel. Only this time I have TA open next to me to read all about them before clicking that reserve button. Dang, I knew this organisation was all going too well.

In other news, well, not much really. A pretty quiet weekend. Was supposed to be bag painting this afty but poor Fizz is unwell (get well soon luvvie x) so have dossed around, done some tidying, read my book, mooched around looking for food cos I am utterly STARVING! But it's way too early for dinner. So settled with a handful of bombay mix (nice) and contemplating the huge tuna pasta bake that I'm going to make later.

Oh and played with my new toy. I got so sick of peeps telling me that they found this and that on eBay, so after years of avoiding, I got me hooked up and am currently waiting on a book that I've bid for and am watching a go-jus blue puffball skirt which has to be mine cos I luuuuurve it...I don't know what the thing with puffballs is but I've got me a bit of an addiction. Whenever I see one I ask the wearer where they got it from. I have one that I got from a charidee shop but I feel the need to enlarge my collection. Will keep you posted!

2 comments:

fizz said...

So sorry about having to cancel the bag painting, I was looking forward to it too! And I've got the bag all cut out and done the lining and everything. Pah! Maybe we could do it on Thursday, after squish and before GA?

Blue puffball, eh? Now, we all know that I'm not a big fan of this puffball skirt revival, having been there the first time round (oh, how old do I feel?) but if anyone can make it work, Dizz can. Coolio.

iffatali said...

The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what's in between, and they took great pleasure in doing just that.
Flights to Harare
Cheap Flights to Harare
Cheap Air Tickets to Harare