Thursday 3 May 2007

boo hoo/ woo hoo

Boo hoo:
There's not much that will actually make me stop, take a step back, and look again but that exact thing happened on the way to work this morning as I walked past one of my favourite shoe shops. There was a sign on the window advertising the closing down sale; say what? Nooooo! I did that double take, shake of the head, my eyes are not deceiving me, and practically ran the rest of the way into work to share the sad news with two other devotees. Plans were immediately made to finish work early and go and see what they had to offer in the sale. Thing is, the shoes are lovely and cheap in there anyhoo, so even when they're not in the sale, whose to argue with 8 quid for a pair of shoes that you can literally wear until their sad demise? So we didn't get sale shoes, but we did get funkay shoes; mine are a kind of combatty fabric, and Cat's are funky red polka dots with a peep toe, lovely jubbly. So please all join in to say a sad farewell to Alias; we will miss you muchly.

Woo hoo:
A phone call at lunchtime today brought happy news that Tizz might be coming home for the weekend, let me know what you're doing...fingers flying across my phone I texted back "come home come home", I think that got over the message of excitement...then I didn't hear anything back for the rest of the day. So I rang just now and Tizz is indeedy coming home. I was walking down the street practically leaping up and down with joy! Yay! Followed by woo! hoo! This is very exciting news. Lots of fun will be had. And plans for San Fran baby made!! Let's have another woo! hoo! See you tomorrow Tizz xx

3 comments:

fizz said...

Booby, gravy!

Dizz'n'Fizz'n'Tizz all in one place at the same time! It'll be so much fun! There's planting in Wavey's garden (a little bit) and sunning ourselves (a big bit), Spiderman III (hello!), painting things (my bag, a banner for Dizz's party, anything else that stands still long enough), Green and Blacks goodies-making, Green and Blacks goodies-eating... I love Bank Holiday weekends!

Anonymous said...

Alias I salute you, and all the fabulous, bargainous, worn-'til-they-fell-off-my-feet shoes you have provided me with over the years (especially the gold ones). It's the end of a cheap chic shoe era. *sob*

Cx

Librarian Girl said...

That was a rollercoaster of a post! The shoe store (so sad!) and the weekend plans (so happy!)