Sunday 29 April 2007

green (well, muddy) fingers

For all the joking around that we've done over the key to Wavey's garden, today was when the favour was returned: planting. Yep, me, planting! I'm a buy plants from the supermarket kinda gal and watch them flourish in my plant-friendly house, so this planting lark, in an actual garden, was a first for me. I was armed and ready with my funkay green trowel so set to it. I planted lettuce, broccoli and strawberrys. All in nice lines, the correct length apart (well, we hope they are as flying by the seat of our pants/making it up as we go along is pretty much how the veg patch is taking place so far). It was so exciting! I can't wait for them to grow so that actual meals can be created with food grown that I planted!

Ended up with mud all over my jeans, and in my trainers. But kneeling in the dirt seemed the best way to actually get the plants in the soil good and proper. After the planting was the watering. I had to resist all temptation to turn the hose on Wavey (and boy I struggled, it's the mischief, I can't help it) and keep to the plants. I was a good girl though, this time...

Hopefully there are photos of the newly planted garden (where are my photos Wavey?) so that you all can watch it as it grows too. As it turns out, gardening is nice, relaxing, and the cup of tea on the bench was good too. So watch this space for garden developments. Ta-ta x

2 comments:

fizz said...

It's just as well I didn't come too, as I'd have egged you on in the turning-the-hose-on-Wavey mischief.

Ruth said...

What's this costing Wavey in Hobnobs!