Monday 15 January 2007

friendly/Fizz

In all the excitement of surfing around looking for an organic bag I forgot to blog about how friendly my neighbourhood really is. For the past several months I seem to have part-adopted a cat. I say part-adopted as she's never actually been in my house and will not either due to Fizz being allergic to "fur-bearing animals"; when she comes round it might kill her, not so good. Anyhoo, this little cat whose name is Lucy is getting bolder and bolder. Last week she followed me down the street miaow-ing all the way when I was on my way to work. I had to tell her to go home. Yes people, I actually spoke to the cat, outside in the middle of the street, for people to hear. Note that it was in my usual tone of voice and not one that some people reserve for pets/babies.

And so to tonight's cat tale. I'm walking down the street. She spots me, waits and then runs over as soon as I'm at my doorstep. I do my usual greeting of hello and a quick stroke round the ears. Tonight though she takes this whole friendliness thing too far and literally rubs herself over my front door, my front step and the walls on either side of the door, and my legs! Yep, she's making sure that no other cats are coming near me. I promptly eeeked quite loudly and told her to go away. Her response was to miaow and wait patiently at the door. I tell her that I'm not opening the door until she goes away and then do my stern look. Again the miaow. Cheeky! So my solution was to rush through the front door, carrier bags and all and slam it really quickly all the while hoping that I'm not going to crush her in the door frame. What do I do? I don't want this cat. Me no likey the cats. Why is she doing this to me? She has a lovely home right across the street. I don't understand...

My final point is to say that Fizz is part of this blog and will be writing soon but her broadband is not up and running yet so she is denied access to the internet until then. However, once she has it she'll no doubt be on here correcting all our grammatical errors and frantically editing any split infinitives that might sneak their way in... x

1 comment:

fizz said...

I'm here!

I still haven't got broadband, but I can access tinternet from work, sort of.

Dizz and I were busy on Sunday getting ready for Wavey's birthday. Here are some photos:
Dizz painting Wavey's t-shirt

Original Drawing

Nicole in her wig

The card

The finished t-shirt

Wavey wearing the finished product


Ooooh he loved it really.