Friday 11 April 2008

The week that was

What a week! Boy am I glad it's Friday. It's been a real mixture of stuff this week so just to keep you entertained here has been my week, in no order whatsoever, ramblings-r-us.

T and I have worked our arses off this week at work. We started our summer tasks (ha! rain tasks more like) which has mainly involved us taking very very dusty journals off the shelves, putting them on trolleys, hauling full-up trolleys into lifts, packing said dusty journals into boxes to transfer to even dustier old store. Smart-ish wardrobe went out of the window as the dust battle was won. There's no benefit to any of you knowing this, other than telling you a bit more about libraryland. See? We don't just stamp books, we move 'em as well!

Been another throwing out week. This week I have said goodbye to:
1 dark grey t-shirt
1 pair of beloved black pumps with coloured stars all over them
4 pairs of black knickers that died the day.

Just to even out the world (wouldn't want it to be squint now would we) I have purchased:
1 black vest top plain
1 black vest top with acid green logo (oh that 80s comeback, LOVE IT)
1 purple vest top (I am anticipating a hot summer)
1 grey vest top with black stars (rockin' it today)
5 new pairs of knickers (blue, red, white extravaganza)
1 shiny red belt and 3 pairs of red tights (these are for theatre so don't count...) 1 man's shirt (which I intend to wear with skinnies and a low slung wide brown belt)

I'd just like to say that although that replacement list is bigger, it's okay, cos I went to Primark for most of it and spent 15 squid on the whole batch. Gotta love that disposable fashion :o)

Went to the cinema to see Son of Rambow. Loved that too. However, I'm not dwelling on a film review. What I instead need to tell you about is a shocking development on the icecream counter. The icecream peeps have always been lovely there, never mean, the tubs would overflow full of that yummy goodness. Yesterday we encountered a pair of scales. They have a new (read rubbish) method whereby you get 2 teeny tiny scoops and they have to weigh the correct amount. SAY WHAT? I am properly outraged by this! Do you think I should chain myself to the counter in protest until they go back to their normal ways? Oh and just to make Fizz chuckle: would you care for a wet topping with that...?

Lots of lovin' this week. My new favourite thing is my ipod speaker. Yep, I now have a gadgety thing that allows me to play my ipod at home! For all to hear! And it's got a weeny remote control that lets you into the ipod menu and stuff! I was so excited I didn't even take my coat off to set it up. And I stamped my feet with glee just like a small child. I have to say that Fizz's response to the sooper dooper speakers was less than enthusiastic. I'm still a little hurt by this. Little hint any future visitors: look excited about the speakers for Dizz even if you're not; she wants you all to share in her excited joy.

And so we've reached Friday. It started out fantastically. The sun was shining, all was good with the world. Of course this was never going to last. I had a challenging bus passenger, one crazeee customer who wouldn't let me get a word in edge-ways, bad news for a colleague which potentially affects me and T, the sun disappeared and changed to rain, I was wearing a teeny tiny jacket to celebrate the sun and it's turned so cold you can see your breath (brrrr), I met the challenging bus passenger again (why me?), oh and a colleague also said, "you have a lot of hair don't you"...I think she was politely trying to say "wow Dizz your hair is HUGE today". Hmmmmm.

So! I have a luverly dinner waiting for me now of sausages, curly fries and onion rings, yumness. And I'm going to put my feet up and watch tv all night long until my eyes turn square.

So long xx


2 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Weighing ICE CREAM?

Not right. SO not right.

Anonymous said...

gotta echo that comment! weighing ice-cream is head-shakingly wrong. the bean-counters should be ashamed of themselves !

a question from the fashion-ignorant ... when you say 'shiny red belt' ... is that a belt you wear with with jeans or instead of ?